Wednesday, September 24, 2014

A Domain of my Own



So I've been reading a lot lately about people moving their webstuff from wherever it's being hosted (institutional sites, Google, WordPress) and paying for hosting their own domain, under their own name.  I've been contemplating the same thing for a variety of reasons, including wanting more flexibility to add content, and realizing that my blog title, Anthropologist in the Stacks, was not being searched for (according to my blog analytics), but my name was.

That I've reached a point in terms of visibility where people are Googling me by name is alarming and also satisfying--if I didn't want to be visible, I wouldn't be here, or on Twitter.  

But this post is to say that I'm not actually going to be here at Blogspot anymore--this blog can serve as an archive, and there are still some links to this in my site that I'm hoping to get fixed at some point.  But from now on, if you want to find me, I'll be myself, in my own Domain.

Seeya.

1 comment:

  1. See you on the other side! Also, I switched from Blogger to Wordpress a while back and have only good things to say about it.

    ReplyDelete

This blog is being used for research purposes, and your comment may be used in discussions and/or publications regarding research on patron work habits in the Atkins Library.
Please keep comments clean and constructive.